The ASPECT team has been presenting its annual provincial conference since 1990 to consistently positive reviews and feedback from delegates, exhibitors and sponsors. ASPECT looks forward to providing different streams of workshops to provide learning opportunities for:
- Boards Members
- Frontline Workers
The ASPECT Conference will contribute to a strengthened and more knowledgeable community-based training sector by:
- Bringingfront-line workers, programs managers and executive directors of community-based employment training agencies from throughout BC together to share knowledge, ideas, best practices and innovations;
- Facilitate business relationship and partnership building as means to maintaining sustainable operations;
- Help to increase awareness about resources that will assist in providing improved service to clients.
Expected goals and outcomes:
- Provide delegates with professional and operational development opportunities to build upon;
- Provide delegates with learning opportunities that increase their entrepreneurial skills, create financial diversity and help maintain long-term sustainability.
- Create opportunities for delegates to network and share best practices with fellow service providers;
- Enhance career development skills and the overall success of jobseekers.
ASPECT expects 250 front-line workers, program managers, executive directors and CEOs of community-based training agencies throughout BC to attend the conference. Member agencies are comprised of non-profit and private organizations that provide a variety of services including career assessment, employment and skills training, counselling, and job placement.