NEW – Working with a CDP Infographic
Download and share this infographic on your website, or in your social media!
Please attribute this graphic to Canada Career Month if you use it as part of your organization’s Career Month marketing campaigns.
Click on the button below, and when the image appears, right click to save the image.
What You Can Do With a Career Development Professional
- CONNECT: You can expect to be welcomed by a qualified Career Development Professional (CDP) who will listen deeply to your hopes. They will be in your corner throughout the whole process, making sure you understand the full range of services available to you and that, as your needs evolve, services adapt to best serve you.
- EXPLORE: Your CDP will help you to identify your strengths, clarify your needs, and build a tailored plan to help you achieve your goals. Together, you’ll explore your options, expand your horizons, and gather the information you need to make informed decisions about learning, work, and/or life.
- FOCUS: You can expect your CDP to help you make sense of everything you’ve explored. Knowing your chosen direction is well aligned with what is most important to you and with strong labour market opportunities will help you to feel ready to move forward with confidence.
- PREPARE: You and your CDP will prepare for success, ensuring you have the information, skills, attitudes, networks and connections you need. Together, you’ll determine the actions you want to take in order to achieve your goals, and the supports you need along the way to get there.
- IMPLEMENT: As you implement your plan, your CDP will be checking in and helping you to persevere at every step along the way. Your CDP will work in partnership with you to ensure you are moving in the direction you want to go, helping you to adjust as needed, and encouraging and supporting you as you achieve your goals.
- GROW: Career development is a lifelong process, so achieving the specific goals you set with your CDP doesn’t mean the end of your journey. You can expect your CDP to work with you to ensure you have skills and strategies to help you with future career transitions and the supports you need to be an architect of your own career future going forward.
© Canadian Career Development Foundation (CCDF), 2022, 2023
Adapted with permission from Dr. Kris Magnusson’s Five Processes of Career Counselling (1992; 1995)